SULPHUR BLACK - SULPHUR BLACK 1 (C.I.NO.53185)
- CHARACTERISTICS :
- Lustrous Grains, Imparts full black shade with a slight reddish or greenish tone according to the requirement.
- APPLICATION :
- Used for Jigger, Winch and package-Dyeing for Cotton and Viscose rayon. Economic in Continuous dyeing.
- STORAGE :
- It is quite stable, if stored in cool and dry place.
- GENERAL PROPERTIES :
This dye belongs to the group of Sulphur Dyes. It is mainly used for dyeing Cellulosic fiber. It is also useful for dyeing viscose, staple fiber and yarn, including material which is to be given a resin finish, Silk, package dyeing and for continuous process. The light fastness of Sulphur Black is very good.
Hue. Artificial Light (tungsten) Greenish Black to Bluish Black
- REACTION ON CELLULOSE:
(a) Alkaline Sodium-dithionate : Yellow olive, returning to original on Oxidation.
(b) Sodium hypochloride : Bleached
(c) H2 So4, conc.Sulphuric acid,conc. : Redder
- DYEING :
(a) Optimum dyeing temp. : 80-95deg. cent. Occasionally cold
(b) Solubility in Na2S : Very Good
(c) Exhaustion : Good
(d) Dyeing rate : Moderate
(e) Solubility in water : Soluble.
Produces fast black on Cellulosic material
Application also by pad/steam method.
Occasional direct prints on cellulose.
- AFTER TREATMENT:
(a) Acetic acid : Slightly redder
(b) Acetic acid & chrome : Redder, material must be well rinsed and
should be left slightly alkaline (Sodium acetate in final rinsing water
after dyeing to counteract formation of acid, which may result in tendering, in unfavorable condition of storage)
- FASTNESS PROPERTIES:
(a) Acid (Organic) : 4-5
(b) Alkali : 4-5
(c) Hot processing : 5
(d) Light : 6-7
(e) Mercerizing : Redder-Apparent increase in strength
(f) Milling : 4-5
(g) Perspiration : 5
(h) Washing moderate : 5
Washing Severe : 4-5
- METHOD OF APPLICATION :
The conventional method of application is from a sodium sulphide bath.
The following is the general method
The dye is first made into paste with a little water (containing the requisite amount of Sulphide and soda ash) and then boiled for about ten minutes with further addition of water, to make solution. This solution is then made upto the requisite volume with water in the dyeing vessel. The material to be dyed is then introduced in bath, the temperature is raised and the necessary quantity of common salt or glauberís salt crystals are added depending upon the depth of the shade required. The material is then rinsed well, after treated if necessary, rinsed again and finished in the normal manner.
- PRECAUTIONS FOR SAFE HANDLING:
1. Sulphur Black should be stored in a cool, dry place.
2. The material should not be exposed to air, container should be tightly closed.
3. Mildly currosive and poisonous if ingested.
4. In case substance goes into eyes,wash with water repeatedly for 15 minutes.
5. Seek medical advice when anyone has symptoms due to swallowing or inhalation.